"From Machine Learning to Personalized Medicine"
On October 21, 2016, Krupp Award laureate and MLPM-coordinator Karsten Borgwardt invites international specialists in Data Mining, Machine Learning and Computational Biology to discuss the emerging Machine Learning problems in the field of Personalized Medicine.
We are looking forward to an afternoon brimming with exciting talks, fruitful discussions and new insights.
Talks and speakers
Chloé-Agathe Azencott, Mines ParisTech
Felipe Llinares López, ETH Zürich
Bertram Müller-Myhsok, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry Munich and University of Liverpool
Guido Sanguinetti, University of Edinburgh
Click on the picture to download the program.
- Time: October 21, 2016, 13:00 – 18:00
- Place: Auditorium at Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr. 2, 80804 Munich, Germany
- The symposium dinner will take place at 18:30 at Restaurant "Seehaus" in the Englischer Garten.
- Transfer will be organized.
How to get there
- From the airport: Take the S-Bahn S1 (direction: Ostbahnhof, leaves every 20 minutes at :11, :31 and :51) to Feldmoching. Change to underground U2 (direction: Messestadt Ost). Get off at Scheidplatz. Take the exit “Bummstraße”, against the direction of travel. The trip takes 45 minutes. You can either buy a single trip for 10.80€ or a day ticket for 12.40€. There is even a group day ticket (Partner Day-Ticket) for up to five persons for 23.20€.
- From the central station (Hauptbahnhof): Take the subway U2 (direction: Feldmoching) to Scheidplatz. The trip takes 7 minutes. You can either buy a single trip for 2.70€ or a day ticket for the inner zone (Single Day-Ticket (inner district)) for 6.40€. There is even a inner zone group day ticket (Partner Day-Ticket (inner district)) for up to five persons for 12.20€.
- From the subway station "Scheidplatz": Take the exit “Bummstraße” and walk as shown on the map.
Read more about the Alfried Krupp prize and Karsten Borgwardt here.
Picture: Karsten Borgwardt (center) receives the Krupp Prize from Reimar Lüst (left), head of the Scientific Advisory Board, and Ursula Gather, head of the Board of Trustees of the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach-Stiftung. (c) Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach-Stiftung, P. Wieler
- MLPM2012 has ended – thank you!
- Final ITN meeting and Krupp Symposium in Munich
- MLPM ITN fellow Melanie brings science to classrooms and inspires with simple but exciting experiments
- ESHG Symposium – a great success!
- Team working event: The 2nd ITN March retreat
- January (1)
- Awards (2)