1st MLPM Mini-Hackathon in Basel
Posted by: MLPM-Admin 3 years, 11 months ago
11 ITN fellows, originating from 7 different countries, met at the renowned university ETH Zürich, Switzerland, to participate in a Mini-Hackathon from March 2–4, 2015. They were invited from the Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering in Basel, Switzerland (www.bsse.ethz.ch). In the run-up to the competition, the fellows were asked to submit project proposals. The most interesting and promising 2 projects were selected and groups were formed to compete for the gold metal.
The selected projects were
- Group A: Basecalling of Oxford Nanopore Reads using Machine Learning Technologies (team leader: Menno Witteveen)
- Group B: Implementing Complex Mathematical Expressions using Python (team leader: Max Zwießele)
A jury of 6 scientists selected group B as the winner and handed over the trophy (photo).
The 1st Mini-Hackathon has been a success and strengthened the participants’ communication, team working and programming skills. Due to the success of this event, the 2nd MLPM Mini-Hackathon is already in planning for the end of 2015.
Thanks to all participants for the constructive input and the inspiring discussions!
- MLPM2012 has ended – thank you!
- Final ITN meeting and Krupp Symposium in Munich
- MLPM ITN fellow Melanie brings science to classrooms and inspires with simple but exciting experiments
- ESHG Symposium – a great success!
- Team working event: The 2nd ITN March retreat
- January (1)
- Awards (2)